My family was in town for a few days and I wanted something easy to make and keep in the fridge for me or them to eat whenever.
I used to make a great turkey chili so I reworked the recipe to make it vegan.
My meat-loving grandfather even enjoyed it!
- 1 medium white onion
- A few garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small can of diced green chilis
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 medium can of diced tomatoes
- Beans, beans, beans (whatever kind you like) around 4-6 cups.
- 3 tbs chili powder and any other seasonings like black pepper or garlic
Toppings (optional but encouraged)
- Diced red onion
- Sliced avocado
- Corn chips or any kind of chip or cracker
- Vegan or real cheese
- Vegan or real sour cream
- Sauté white onion, pepper and a few garlic cloves. I used a large pot for everything but you could cook these in a frying pan then toss in a crockpot
- Add diced tomatoes and diced green chilis, and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and beans, I use two cans of chili beans and two cans of pinto beans
- Add chili powder and any other seasoning you might like
- Optional: add half a cup of water to thin it out a bit
- Let simmer on low for about 45 minutes or in a crockpot on low for a few hours
- Add topping and enjoy.